Monday, August 22, 2011

Design Time: Poncho Pattern Phase 2

Princess Mia's Pink Poncho
(This post was transferred from a previous old blog.)

Earlier I posted my decision to create a pattern for a crocheted poncho based off the one featured in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. Now that I've selected the poncho I want to crochet, I've been thinking about the colors and the stripe pattern. I want something a little more personal in color, as well as a varying stripe pattern.




I created a color palette for various colors and shades, based mostly on combinations of my favorite colors. I ended up choosing the first pair, brown and pink.


I used a Random Stripe Generator to create this stripe pattern:
This is the mark-up that I will use to start measuring and counting size and stitches:

The pattern progresses...



No comments:

Post a Comment