The neat thing about this exhibition is that all of the butterflies are handmade donations that can be from anyone. The Butterfly Project offers an activity that is children appropriate for use in the classroom. There are a few guidelines regarding what materials can NOT be used; the following is directly from the Project Page:
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter and all glitter-related products should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
- If possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to email@example.com.
A special thanks to The Left Side of Crochet for one of the patterns and for including the link to the Butterfly Project -- I had not heard of it until I found her pattern.
I hope this will inspire you to consider donating as well! I'm currently working on several crochet butterflies to donate; I will post pictures and links to patterns soon!
♥ Amy S