Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Butterflies: Pictures

I have been working on my butterflies over the past few days and have finally been able to take some pictures! 
Butterfly 1



I think this one is my favorite so far. I'm going to add embellishments. This is the 2-D Butterfly pattern. I used worsted weight yarn. 

Butterflies 2 and 3






Butterfly 2 (top) is made of Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn using Nellie's Crochet Butterfly pattern. Butterfly 3 (bottom) is the same pattern but with Row 3 of the pattern skipped to make it smaller. To make the red border I slip stitched around the border. 




The next step I have planned for Butterflies 2 and 3 is starching. The bodies of the butterflies themselves are strong enough on their own, but I am finding that the antennae are too flimsy and don't stick up to my liking without some help. My mother-in-law has some spray starch called "Stiffen Stuff" that I'll be using. 

Also, I'm working on a butterfly pattern of my own. It is currently in the trial and error phase as I try to crochet and write the pattern. I hope to be able to share it with you soon!

♥ Amy S

No comments:

Post a Comment