Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Design Time: Fuu from the anime "Samurai Champloo": Phase 1



The anime genre was a vast unknown until my husband introduced it to me several years ago. My only knowledge of anime was the little clips I caught of Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z--not my style and not great representations of anime's full potential in my own personal opinion--but the genre has come a long way since my teen years! He and I are picky about our anime -- good writing, good voice acting, good plot, and exceptional animation are a must! We recently finished watching Samurai Champloo, a great series created and directed by 
Shinichirō Watanabe about the Edo Period in Japan. 
I absolutely love the character Fuu, perhaps because I identify with her in many ways (slightly clumsy, practical but prone to bursts of emotion, always hungry). 
I also fell in love with Fuu's kimono! So, Design Time! 


This will definitely be a larger Amigurumi doll when completed. 
(You can find this wallpaper and others @ www.samuraichamploo.com)

♥ Amy S



No comments:

Post a Comment